Fighting Procastination




“Procrastination is the thief of time.” - Edward Young (1683-1765)

The pain of procrastination affects students in many different ways. Every time you feel guilty of it, the best thing to do it fight it. Feeling worried causes stress and further affects us.

I deeply digg into the basics of unwanted behaviors and I recommend you to do a basic research on things that disturb you and waste your time. I am only dealing with one problem I face, but it may differ with you. Reaching the goal we planned for is the priority and this should be a boosting thing too.

I was observing myself and when I understood the problem I researched on why I behave in a particular way. Yes, though it is strange we don't know in many ways why we behave in a particular way. The hidden reasons amazed me and I want you to read this article.

Discussion

Procrastination is a complex psychological behavior that affects everyone to some degree or another. With some it can be a minor problem; with others it is a source of considerable stress and anxiety. Procrastination is only remotely related to time management, (procrastinators often know exactly what they should be doing, even if they cannot do it), which is why very detailed schedules usually are no help.

Characteristics

The procrastinator is often remarkably optimistic about his ability to complete a task on a tight deadline; this is usually accompanied by expressions of reassurance that everything is under control. (Therefore, there is no need to start.) For example, he may estimate that a paper will take only five days to write; he has fifteen days; there is plenty of time; no need to start. Lulled by a false sense of security, time passes. At some point, he crosses over an imaginary starting time and suddenly realizes, "Oh no! - I am not in control! There isn't enough time!”............
The rest of the article is here
You can also download this useful article on procrastination. Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment